Alarm Clock Hazards

I can remember a time when Ryan and I needed alarm clocks to wake up in the morning. Not so any longer. In the past few years we've replaced our alarm clocks with a Reed & a Fiona. This pair can not be unplugged or set to any time beyond 6am. I think the day we picked them out, they must have been out of the models with a snooze button.

I know, in comparison, the replacement models seem a little rigid. The truth is, in our house the traditional alarm clock is a health hazard. After reading this little story you'll understand my concern.


One morning, still asleep, I heard the irritating buzzing of the alarm in my dream. I waited for Ryan to press snooze. (Its not that I was lazy I just had the foresight to put the alarm on Ry's side of the bed) Eyes closed...I waited...I hoped he would shut it off so I could continue on with my dream......then.... BAM! WHACK! ZONK! Ryan was bopping me over the head repeatedly!! I was in such shock I allowed the first few without a fight.

Once I realized what was going on, I knew I could never let Ryan live this one down.

You see, Ryan is blind as a bat and he thought I was the alarm, and I just wouldn't shut up!

Comments