One Cool Dude

Throughout my relationship with Ryan there have been these moments. Moments that take me by surprise. Just when I thought I couldn't love him any more deeply...suddenly.. I do. It's not your general "wow I have a great guy" feeling. It's a Dean Martin, kick in the head type of feeling.

Recently, while over a friends house for some beer and target practice (seriously), Ryan was asked what was around his wrist. In his typical casual ,yet, thoughtful voice Ryan explained, "It's the band from when Fiona was in the hospital. I've kept it on to remind me not to take life too seriously and to keep my priorities straight" Our friend replied, "You're a cool dude."

Simultaneously, my heart fell, my stomach filled with butterflies and my eyes filled with tears. Once again Ryan has stolen the heart he already had.

Comments