Two Peas In A Pod


This is a photo of Brenda & Me before walking to our first day of Kindergarten. We were only four.

About the shoes... I am the fourth child out of five. By this point in my parents child rearing experience they were not going to even think about battling with a four year old over a crazy pair of sneakers. Even if years later that same child really wished they had.

Now that I have two toddlers, I get it. Last week Fiona spent an entire day of running errands in a UPS costume that without the hat appeared as if I'd dressed her in an over-sized brown shirt.

About Brenda... Like a sister, I can not remember life without her. We shared an all American childhood with a handful of other kids our age. We've always favored each others company. Our folks still remain neighbors although the neighborhood is much more quiet these days.

We've had a million adventures together over the past 31 years. Boy, do we rehash these stories, over and over and over. Typically by the end of a "memory session" our sides hurt, we're crying from laughing so hard and may have damp panties. Over time I want to record many of these stories in this blog. If for no one else, for Brenda.

When this picture was taken we had no doubt that we would always be best friends. What intuitive little girls we were!

About the lunchboxes... Brenda's was The Smurfs and mine was Snoopy.

Comments