Halloween

I'm in hopes this year's trick- or- treating is an inkling of what's to come this holiday season. We had a blast!


We gathered at friends house and set out as a group to trick-or-treat. Most parents were taking their beer and wine with them for the trek. Given that they are wonderful parents as well as respected members of the community I thought this was a fine idea too.

As we walked, I gave a little hoot as my hat flew off. Then I let out a holler because I foolishly grabbed for it with my beer hand, pouring most of the beer directly down my back.
Some little legs began to get tired, so we separated from the group and began to make our way back to the house. Along the way we stopped at a few houses we hadn't hit up the first round. At one I noticed the women give me a look. A shameful look.
This is what I imagine she said to her husband when she retreated inside, "What the hell is wrong with that mother? She can't even go trick or treating with her children without a drink in hand, seriously she has obviously been drinking all day, she smelt like a brewery"

Moral to the story kids: Although something seems like a good idea because the group is doing it, eventually you stand alone and alone you will be judged a total and complete lush!


Dream Come True


On a countless number of mornings, this is how I've woken up:
After having that feeling someone was watching me. I'd open my eyes to see Fiona's little mug. "Mama, you a witch, Daddy's a dragon, Reed a cowboy,Nona a ladybug"
















Kids, You decided Daddy should be a dragon for Halloween. When you are teenagers and about to give him a hard time,I hope you remember moments like this. You're Daddy sure does love you.






Comments