It's A Dragon!

It's been too long since I've written. There are a ton of stories about the kids I want to record and share but I have no idea where to start.

In the Scrap-booking world it is said: when starting (or re-starting for the 8th time) always start with the present. When there is extra time, pages from the past can be completed.  I'm going to apply the same rule of thumb to my little blog.

That said, I will start with today...

The Woodland Safari

Reed: Let's go on a Safari!  I need my camera!

Fiona: We need our Safari hats!

A few minutes later they're back.
Heads topped with...um.. Safari hats.. I guess. 
Geared with a camera around her neck
(It had to be around her neck for some reason.
Same story with her drum
but with the drum she insist she wear it while roller skating)**
Fiona is telling everything from Reed to the kitchen chair to "SMILE"
then of course she looks over the picture, gives it an approving nod and puts it in her pocket

Reed leads the safari



First and last stop: THE DRAGON  
a.k.a. The humidifier that looks like an...elephant?

This is how the scene plays out.
Reed and Fiona are innocently taking pictures of an elephant during the first stop of their safari.
Suddenly they realize it's a Dragon!
They scream "Dragon" and run away
only to return 
scream and run away
and return again
scream and you guessed it... run away
Reed looses his hat while escaping the dragon
Like any big brother,
he sends Fiona back into enemy territory to get it.



They have entered into the Age of Imagination, I miss that.
I can remember loosing it around 6th grade.
I tried to force myself to play with Barbies but it no longer felt comfortable or familiar. I sat there trying to make up a scenario to play out... nothing.   
It left me feeling a little lonely,
a part of me had gone missing.

That's what I love about kids, they allow me to find pieces of myself  I thought I had lost along the way.

CHEERS
** We never ever allow her to roller skate with a drum around her neck

Comments