Cabin Fever

Seven years ago I thought I had evaded winter weather like this when I moved from Massachusetts to Maryland.

   And I had, until this winter.
Add caption

Last Saturday it snowed 10 inches. 
Sunday was warm and not a flake fell.
Monday School was canceled.
Ryan Laughed and asked what made me even think to check the status of the school.
The reason is, Last year after just predictions of snow I had brought Reed to school only to find we were the only jokers there.
Tuesday there was a 2 hour delay, which means no school for Reed as an a.m. preschooler.
That night it snowed and inch or so.  
Wednesday, no school again, despite the roadways being clear.

Each day that passed I could see Reed's personality changing as he suffered from cabin fever. A little too rough with Fiona, a little too fresh towards me = a little too much time in Time-out. 

Alas, Thursday Reed finally had school and his wonderful disposition returned.

The weekend was upon us and once again a major storm. This time the accumulation greater than the previous couple of storms that left us stranded at the house.


















Although I hate being trapped in the house there is one good thing... Ryan is trapped with us.
And you know what that means...
 

FUN!
 

Our weekends are not easily distinguished from weekdays. 
Ry is working on his PHD and typically goes into the lab on weekends too. (shorter days)  My professional student of a husband  is working so hard to complete his dissertation so he can spend more time with US

Who can blame him? we're an entertaining bunch!

But I'll let you in on a little secret...
we're much much more fun with him in the mix.

Dear Snow,
Thank you for giving me a taste of  our future.
I look forward to seeing you next winter. 
(yes that's my polite way of saying- I'm all set with you this year)
Let my poor husband go to work so he can graduate and get a normal job.
Love, Trudy

Dear Maryland road workers,
You do know plows can be used to remove snow from the road right?
It's the neatest thing and when you do use them,  plow each side of the road- not right down the middle.

Sincerely, a resident with common sense

Comments