Gifts For The Giving

Soon enough Ryan will get a job & the kids will both be off to school full time.  I have a plan for myself too.  I'll continue my role as a stay at home mom & wife, being active in the schools and doing my best to have a clean house & hot meal for Ry when he comes home. The major change will be the giving of myself.  Both Ryan and I hold good will as a top priority.  We've viewed us currently giving our all to Reed & Fiona, as a type of goodwill.  After all they are our greatest contribution  to the world. Before we know it our roles will change and the kids will enter the world.  I'll have a little more time and because my kids will be in the world without me holding their hand....well I better do my part to make it a little bit better, more gentle.

So, I want to do good, but how?  I want something that is personal maybe even unique rather than working with an already established organization.  It doesn't have to be grand.  To do something that lifts the spirits of everyday folks will satisfy me. I told Ryan, "It will come to me", leaving him with the thought that until it does I'll rake lawns for the elderly.  After the Fiona Fiasco, I thought inspiration would come. Learn CPR, Don't leave you're kids alone while eating!  That's all I have beyond many personal learning experiences, plus someone is already doing that. 

After doing my first photo session and presenting the family with a DVD of their photo's, it became clear to me. This gift of an everlasting memory truly is priceless.
It can unite a family & serve as a reminder as to what it's all about, love. 
It's about the foundation of society, family...the human spirit.
I have a goodwill project!  As of now I'm calling it "Gifts for the Giving".
(Thanks so much Jay Cook)
I'm looking for special families who give more than is required and who deserve a special day captured forever. 
I'd like to share my first family with you.


The Watkins
This couple has opened their hearts and home to three wonderful boys via the foster care system.
It's a tremendous expression of their love for children as well as their God.
This is what being a family is!
This is my way of saying Thank You to them.
from all of us

















It was a perfect day on so many levels, with an obviously fun family. 
To see the video that made them cry click HERE

Later today or tomorrow I'll post the second family "Gifts For The Giving" has touched.
PEACE

Comments