A Time & Place

This week has been a BIG one!
Ry has set a defense date of June 28th @ 1:30.  This is HUGE.
After a decent amount of deliberation we have decided to spend the next two years in Trois-Riveres, Canada.

The other options:
Port O'Connor, Texas - This job was offered to him first but Ryan wanted to hold out for something better.  Given the oil leaking into the Gulf I'm glad I don't have to explain to the kids that they can't swim among the tar balls.

Duluth, MN- A great 3 year post-doc with the Environmental Protection Agency.
I know it's beautiful, but we're not really  Minnesota kind of folk.


Portland, Maine-  Ryan brought me to Portland for our first Valentines together.  A really hip city.  I can imagine us being a perfect fit.  This offer was the most difficult of them all to say no to, it was such an interesting project working with some really great people. 

Washington, DC- This fellowship was working in the political arena. 

The last 3 Ry had an interview with and there is no doubt in my mind that he'll be chosen for them,
but time was running out on the Canada offer.
Manoa, HI -I know.I know, but they didn't offer health insurance and that's not okay
Woods Hole, MA  & Narragansett, RI - both federal post-docs

If only we could experience them all!

Click HERE    to see why Trois-Rivieres is so apealling
Click HERE  to see why Reed wants to move there

 Before going to the Beach yesterday we stopped by Ryan's office to have lunch



It's going to be tough to say good-bye to this place

Comments