Our Visitor

This morning we had an unexpected visitor at our doorstep....







This young moose makes me think of an old moose I once knew.
I met her when Ryan & I spent some time in the wilderness of the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. 

One day as we were fishing a sliver haired moose approached us.  At first we were a little nervous.   I remember  Ry having me hide behind a tree ,or something silly like that, while he planned some heroic move to protect me from this moose. 

She was curious and stuck around long enough for us all to be comfortable.
  Soon enough I found myself talking to her. 
(as I did with our visitor today)  
I finally asked her if she would swim across the lake for me.

Minutes later she approached the grand lake and began to huff and puff as she swam across it for me.

From here on out you can refer to me as, Dr. Dolittle



I think this was August 2002

The next time our new friend stops by I may ask him to do a few laps in the river.

Comments