Letter To The Easter Bunny


Untitled from Trudy Woodland on Vimeo.

A few minutes after writing her letter to the Easter Bunny Fiona said,  
"I have an idea.  Let's make an Easter flag! (pause) For EVERY child to wave." 
I just had to write it down because it's such a Fiona thing to say. 
She's a romantic and I love that about her.
 Anyway, I wrote it down and Fiona asked me what I wrote. I told her.
She used the marker to write (with squiggles,while narrating) "For every adult and person."
Man! And I thought I was going to be busy with a flag for every child! 

Reed, because he's such a sweet little boy kept saying " Boy that Easter Bunny is a good guy"

We had Easter lunch with representatives from France, Italy, Quebec and of course we were the loud Americans. It was the most unique Easter I've ever had. Fiona spoke the universal language (play) with a new friend. Reed sat around the adults table with us enjoying the frequent toasts & clinking of glasses. As I sipped my wine and soaked in the beautiful language I felt warm inside because I was on my third glass of wine with pride.  Exposing the children to different cultures and languages, in my opinion, is a tremendous gift.  It's important to me that they know people are the same everywhere you go. To embrace the difference and learn from them, if not just for the sake of knowing.

Our Easter sure was fun....




and very interesting.



We hope yours was too!

Comments