Jars

When we moved  I had to give up all of my little storage containers.  Since the move I've become obsessed with glass jars.  I can put anything in them and they are oh so pretty sitting on our shelves.  I've picked a few up here and there at thrift stores. Even better I've been washing used jars and upcycling them.  Everything goes neatly into a jar: thread, hair accessories, pencils, puzzles, yarn...even the monkeys.






Reed begged for a messy one. Who am I to deny a boy of a mess?

Loving his smooshed nose!


In case you're wondering... I'm challenging myself to take one creative photo a day for a week. 

I tell the kids my idea-they get jazzed-we take a couple of pictures-I work some magic on the computer and voila! 
In total it's a 20 minute gig that leads to a days worth of laughs. {time well spent right?}
They ask over and over to see the picture throughout the day. 
Then they tell a story about the picture. This is my favorite part. The stories are funny and animated to say the least.  
As a bonus they're developing their creative thought process.
It's been such a hit with the them that they even asked to do several today.

I hope you're getting half the chuckle from them that we are. If not, no worries, the week is almost over.



I'm off like a dirty shirt,       
Trudy

Comments

Daddy said…
Hmm...can we make this happen? Perhaps pop them in the jars when they misbehave? Or when Mommy and Daddy need a quiet moment? This is your chance, Trudy! We need to market your crazy technology and retire early.

love
daddy