Bedroom Ballet


Fiona had her first ballet lesson in Australia yesterday.
Once she found out she couldn't wear one of  her fancy tutus as she had in Quebec and Maryland she decided she wanted to go back to Canada.  


{At the big show in Quebec}

Every now and then she makes the request to go back to Canada or the United States.
My heart breaks a little.
If at 4 years old she misses our old homes.  How much is she going to miss our current when she's 7? 
{We're planning to move back in 3 years}
 Like I tell her, we're giving her options.  When she's an adult she can decide where she wants to live.










Here's a short clip of her preparing for class on our bed.



I could hear the kids scheming to dress up and trick me. 
"Mom won't know who we are."  
So in they came and I had no idea who these characters in my house were. 
But
they were so adorable I decided to keep them.

Happy Dancing,
Trudy

Comments

Dady said…
Fiona is going to be an incredible dancer. That's saying alot given the somewhat paradoxical clumsiness that results from her completely focused nature. This is a girl that is so concentrated on something at any given second of the day that everything else just fades into background noise. Mundane things like walking, dressing and talking can take a back seat when she's concentrating on a different task. That girl can FOCUS and she is the most determined person I've ever met. Oh yes - she'll dance beautifully and it'll be perfect...because she won't accept anything less (it helps that she inherited her mother's natural grace and good looks).

love
daddy