Recipes

I can't say I love cooking.
 I enjoy it enough. 
I do love eating delicious food
and
the feeling I get when I serve a delish meal to my family. 
The easier the meal the more I enjoy it.

I know some of you that check in on our blog are just like me
So 
Here's a couple of recipes I made last night that are simple and delicious.




This is a salad that I often make with chickpeas, onions, tomatoes, corn and avocado.
It's super easy & if you're like us and don't eat much meat it's a great way to get some extra iron into your diet too.

In the morning or around lunch  rinse & drain a can of chickpeas.
Then put them in a ziplock bag with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar and marinate in the fridge until dinner.
15minutes before your husband gets home from work hungry for a nice dinner...
Cut up the onions, tomatoes, avocado( if you have cucumbers on hand them too).
 {don't get caught up on the amount of each ingredient, it doesn't really matter }
Open a can of corn
mix them all with the chickpeas.
Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
Sometimes I have to add a little more oil and vinegar.
That's it friends.  
With those yummy ingredients you really can't mess it up.





The next one is Roasted Asparagus with balsamic browned butter.
I'll share the link for the recipe HERE,

Serve with instant mashed potatoes or rice you made in the microwave and you have a Woodland meal.
Easy peasy and delicious.


Comments