Tidbits

It's been a looooong day. 
Here are some tidbits from it.

Fiona had a doctors visit, she has bronchitis and weighs 17.5kg  {note to self: convert 17.5kg into pounds}

 Fiona had a great question for me within drawn out conversation that I'll summarize.  Given that if you drink out of a sick persons cup you'll get sick; If you're sick and drink out of a healthy persons cup will you get healthy? {I love this age}

While brushing teeth tonight I was singing "this is the way we brush our teeth..."  As I was doing a once over on Reeds I could hear Fiona singing "this is the way we scratch our back..."  I wasn't paying attention to what she was doing.  Finally I looked at her and was devastated.  She was scratching her back with the toilet bowl brush.  I'm sick just thinking of it.

I knew I was bound to forget something during the move.  I did and it was pretty big.  I forgot to renew my drivers license.  It expires on Monday.   So I made my way with two crazy and sick kids to Vic Roads and got an Australian drivers license. {note to self: Don't do that}

Fiona was performing a magic show for me.
Fiona: What's your name Miss?
Me: Trudy
Fiona: Okay. and jots on a piece of paper MOM.

My monkeys are turning Australian. I really think so.  I was explaining something to Fiona today and she responded, "No worries mum"
Reed told me and our American friend he was "sneaky and cheeky" 

Ryan has been out on a boat doing field work the past couple of days.  I miss him, the kids miss him. Life is so much more difficult without him.  That said, an old friend suddenly lost her husband this week.  She's left with two young boys. I can't imagine. I'm struggling here alone but at least I know he's coming home.  It's too bad that so often it takes a tragedy to put life's worries in perspective.

I've been taking pictures in full manual mode and because of this I have so much more pride in them

Comments

Daddy said…
I'm really proud of the strides that you are making in regards to your photographic skillz (and that 'z' is only slightly ironic). I have to agree with Reed that he is cheeky although I might ascribe general sneakiness to his mother. You know what they say - she's crafty...and she's just my type!

love
daddy