The girls had a beach day this past weekend. 
That's something I love about our family...
The kids often break us into two parts "the boys" and "the girls".
  I find it endearing and I'm so grateful for the even spread.  
Ryan and I both get to experience the phenomenon of having our own mini-me.


Anyway, us girls went to the beach on the windiest day ever! 
We were forced to spend our time in the raging ocean or nestled in the protection of the dunes.
  Between the two was the sandblasting, merciless beach. {that's putting it mildly}



running between the two safe havens

When it was time to go home I swaddled Fiona in a towel and carried her and our picnic basket down the beach against the wind.  It was painful and difficult.  When we reached the path heading towards our car I let her down as it was sheltered from the wind.  She said to me, "Mom let me carry the picnic basket, you must be exhausted."  I was near tears with how thoughtful my little girl is.  Together we carried the basket and for that moment alone it made the whole crazy day worth it.



Comments