Rock Climbing

Saturday Ry and the kids headed to the school for the "Working Bee".  I don't know if schools in the States do this but it's common in our neck of the bush.  One morning a term parents gather and do yard work around the schoolyard.  The kids help out a little but mostly play with their friends. It's another opportunity to connect and be a part of the community.

 When the work was finished everyone gathered for sausages and a beer.  (yes it's a very chill school) The principal tallied all the work they accomplished in just a few hours and calculated they saved the school $5,000. I think it's a pretty smart idea.


Next on our agenda was the Rock Climbing Gym.




They are really improving.




 Ryan has returned to climbing himself.
  His experience is paying off for he's a rockin' coach.




{I'm slightly intimidated by her in this photo}


Reed kicked back on my lap as we watched Fiona ascend her final climb.
 I realized how big my little man is getting. 
He no longer fits snug in my lap.  
His limbs spill beyond me.
 I was reminded of a time,not long ago, when the same lap was a jungle gym for him. {sigh}


I'm so excited for him but man I wish he could stay this size & this age forever.



Comments