{Message In A Bottle}

Ryan is in France for a couple of weeks.  
So
I'm using this space to keep him updated beyond our regular emails.

Saturday

Fiona had ballet.  I forgot to wash her tights and apparently she had spilled some hot chocolate on them.  She looked like a total ragga muffin.  I really wished you were here so you could have brought her in looking like that.  I really miss you, my scapegoat!  {big smiley face}

 This is Fiona putting on a show after ballet.


The big picnic Fiona had planned all week was rained out.  Instead we went to a cafe and enjoyed some hot chocolate and biscuits.  I had a spinach roll.  The girl asked me if I wanted sauce with that. I inquired about what kind of sauce they had.  "Just regular sauce" she said.  I'm thinking she was talking about tomato sauce. (which is what they call ketchup here)
Reed really enjoyed shopping for his new kicks too.  They're Spiderman and light up! Instead of leaving them in the car he's been taking them in everyday for safe keeping.  I know! Pick yourself up off the floor. (Reed doesn't like to wear shoes.  As soon as he gets in the car off they go.  They typically stay in the car until the next morning when I retrieve them.)

The rest of the day was spent reading a ton, and I mean a ton of books.  In between they played so well together.  I read my book as I listened to them play Chutes and Ladders.  I wish I could bottle that moment up for you baby.  Reed would get worked up about not winning and sweet Fiona would fix the game so he could be the victor.  She's such a great sister.

I let them sleep in our bed with me.  As we were all dozing off Reed started asking about you.  "How many more sleeps until Daddy gets back?" He hasn't stop asking since.  We all miss you but I think he hurts the most.

Sunday

It was a lazy day.  The kids spent the morning packing, planning and having a camp out.  I was the store clerk and proprietor of a restaurant. Later we went for a walk along the Yarra River and played at the playground, which consumed most of our day.


 Reed was really hamming it up.
In a fun way.



At some point in the middle of the night they both came into bed with me.  The snuggled up close on top of me.  I just don't get it.  I would think using my legs and head as a pillow would be uncomfortable.  When you get home I'm going to sleep on your head and find out. ha!

Monday

  After school we went to Fiona's ballet.  Reed read his book for me while we waited for her.  He's doing so well hun.  I can't stress how good he has been.  He really wants a French comic book.  If you can, will you get one for him? Fiona wants a roll of bubble gum tape.

At night I've been giving them 2 kisses.  One from me and one from you.  Last night Reed Moe struggled getting to sleep.  He waited until Fiona was sleeping and crept out of their room.  He asked if we could "hang out for a little while" (I know you can hear that little voice saying that phrase) He came to bed with me and quickly fell asleep.  I just sat there looking at his sweet face. The movement of his lips made me wonder what he was dreaming about. Probably his Dad. Same as me.

 As I'm sure you can guess Fiona joined us in the middle of the night.  She woke up telling me she had a great dream.  You and I picked her up from school and then you went back to France.  Maybe when I pick you up next week, if you're not too jet lagged, we can stop by the school and have lunch with them. I think it would be literally a dream come true for our little girl.

She made you a present. She presented it to me saying it's for the most special person, Daddy!    I can't tell you what is in it but I'll let you see the box and note she wrote all by herself.

Dear Dad everything is going good at the house

She's right. 
 Everything IS going well.  
The only exception is you're not with us.  
We're a little lost.

I'm so happy your talk went well sweetie and I can't wait to chat soon.
  xo


Comments