What's the time, Mr Wolf?




Spring is here.
Daylight is lingering just a bit longer.
Allowing us extra time for a late afternoon bike ride & picnic..


Fiona was in charge of packing and setting up the picnic. {a job beautifully done}



.
As the light faded I relaxed on the grass and watched the children play together.


playing, What's the time, Mr Wolf?





when looking back on their youth they most likely won't remember this exact day
But it depicts how I hope they'll remember their childhood.
Long, Fun, Happy & Carefree days.

That's how I remember my wonder years
playing games, riding bikes, catching bugs and frogs.
I'm extremely fortunate to have had the childhood I did.


I can remember my parents saying, "You don't know how lucky you are!!!"
 and they were right,
I didn't have a clue.

Now
 Ry and I say that about our kids.
 They think it's normal...
to move from one country to another.
 to have parents who are deeply in love.
To be loved so hard ...and so on.
They can't even begin to grasp the concept of abuse or real hunger.
They don't know how lucky they are!!!

one day they will

One day they may even relax on the grass watching their own children play
and think...
 They don't know how lucky they are!!


counting...maybe cheating a little bit.




Comments