{What a Deal! What a Bargain!}

I can't help it.
When I get a good deal I love to share.
If you tell me you like my shoes I'll let you know I got them at k-mart for 10 bucks.
I'm proud of that kind of stuff.

So let me tell you about our good deal at Monkey Island Resort...



 We stayed for 5 nights in this hut on the beach.

I snapped the picture below through the mosquito net over our bed.
 The fam had gone to play in the ocean.  
I could hear them and see a glimpse of paradise through the doors.
  Suddenly the idea of sleeping in no longer interested me.



 We ate the majority of our meals there.
{I'd say we ate maybe 5 meals elsewhere}
  We didn't hold back either.  
The kids got fresh smoothies with every single meal.  
Ryan and I drank as much Chang as we desired.


Can you see Reed got a coconut smoothie.  Fresh from the tree that day and served in the coconut.
 While we waited for meals we always read "The Enchanted Wood" to the kids. 
 I'm told it's an English & Australian classic. 
 The kids go wild for this book.
 (We highly suggest it)

 We rented a motorbike.



See that smile on my face? 
It only lasted about half an hour.
 It was around the time that the motorbike ran out of petrol and I was pushing it to the gas station 
 that the grin washed down my face along with the beads of sweat. 

 Two kayaks were rented for a day.


 A ride in style from the pier to the resort was waiting for us.



The boat trip back to the mainland as well as the minivan to Bangkok was included in this.




When Ryan went to pay the bill I was a little nervous we'd gone over the top.
I checked our bank account today and it cost us.... are you ready for this... you won't believe it...$326.
 I promise I didn't forget a number there. 
 Okay I did forget a couple. 
It was really 326 dollars and 9cents.
The experience ~ Priceless.

What do you think of them apples coconuts?

We could barely live 6 days at home cooking all our own meals on that.

Most of the expense for the trip was spent on the 9.5 hour plane trips. 
 Even then we got a ripping good deal.

Koh Mak is not a hopping island.
In fact it's really quiet.
 It's close to Cambodia, far from Phuket and the other touristy areas.
It's an island made for complete relaxation.
{An island made for our little man.}
We're all taken with this place and have agreed to return asap.
Soon I'll post more pictures of  Koh Mak so you have a better sense of it's beauty.



Comments