{An Autumn May Day}



(the Victorian Cursive p's still kill me)


Once Fiona learned of the May Day traditions she was all in.
Flowers, gifts, crafting~ of course she was.
She filled a basket with a card and rose for her teacher.


Interestingly I spoke to a few of the parents about May Day and they had no idea what I was talking about.  I'm thinking May Day hasn't been much of a holiday in Australia.


the basket on her classroom door waiting to be found
As the tradition goes... you leave the basket on the door, knock and run like the dickens.
If the recipient catches you they have to give you a kiss.

Fiona told me, "Even if Mrs. D catches me she can't kiss me because there's no kissing at school."

That rule~  One day I went to give Reed a kiss goodbye before school.  He pushed me away.  I went home heartbroken.  It seemed too soon for him to be embarrassed of kissing his mum.  After school I asked him why he wouldn't give me a kiss.  He told me, "Kissing is not allowed at school." {that little guy is such a stickler for rules}  Everyday since he has given me a big kiss before he starts his school day.  How I love smooches from that boy.

xoxo

Comments