My Morning

This morning at school assembly Reed received STUDENT OF THE WEEK! 


captured by the mobile

He told his teacher he was "so surprised!"
One look at him and we all knew he was so incredibly proud.
He should be.
He's a truly great kid!  

That was the best part of my morning.
The worst...
saying goodbye to our rooster.
He started crowing last week. 
 Indicating the time had come to bring him to the farm.
 (both literally and figuratively)

I took a few pictures to remember him by.
We never gave him a name.
Knowing his destiny, it didn't seem right.
He had a great life with us.
Plus, he was a mama's boy....
   does it get any better than that?


We love you "Rooster"


such a handsome guy

And some from when they were just days old...







As I was driving to the farm I passed a McDonalds.
It made me chuckle as I thought of something Fiona said this weekend.

I was craving Macca's french fries.
Ry, being the great husband he is, ran out and got me some.
Me, being the decent mom I am, shared them with the kids.
Ry asked if we wanted ketchup with them.
 (in AU they call it tomato sauce or more often just sauce)
Fiona said, "No thanks Dad, I don't use ketchup with public fries"

As it turns out, our private fries don't have as much salt so they require the sauce.
She's so funny.


Comments

Daddy said…
Reed - I can't tell you how proud I am of you! While I KNOW you work very hard, I realize that I'll never really understand how challenging some things are for you. But as long as you keep working so hard, I have no doubt that you'll accomplish anything and everything that your heart desires. I love you to the stars and back little man -
love Daddy