Teeny-Tiny News!!!



It's True!
We're having a baby!

Here's the scoop...

Ryan had a vasectomy almost 3 years ago.  Quickly we regretted our hasty and poor decision.

This past Halloween before leaving Thailand he had a reversal surgery performed.  We didn't tell anyone about this decision. Okay, we did tell the kids teachers because they came back from our trip writing in their journals that we're getting a baby from Bangkok.  We obviously had to clear that one up.

The chances of a reversal working are not that great, about 65%.  So you can imagine how happy we were when only after a few fun months of trying we got pregnant.

We found out the day before our 8th wedding anniversary.

I had a good feeling I had a bun in the oven. Okay, I was fairly certain.  I woke up at 4am and took the test which quickly came out positive.  I didn't sleep a wink. I waited until 7 to tell Ryan. I snuggled up close to him and started singing, "Good morning Ryan I've news for you..." I didn't get far before he freaked out. He was so excited he was in disbelief. (He knows what that song means because of how I told him about Reed. To learn about that go to THIS POST)

This has been the easiest pregnancy so far. (knock on wood)  I was nauseous and tired but never actually got sick. (I think taking prenatal pills at night really helps with that) Similar to my pregnancy with Fiona I've had a lot of cravings and have been extremely hungry. (With Reed I had a lot of aversions) Needless to say I've been eating up a storm, I don't know that I've gained any weight though.  Now that I'm a few days away from the second trimester I am feeling much better. Yay! I hate the first trimester. It's filled with sickness and worries.

Even though the kids talked about having a baby every single day we didn't tell them until after our first ultrasound. Ryan picked them up from school. It was pajama day.  By the way Fiona won the teddy-bear competition but I'll write more on that later.  He told them I had something special for them.  With purpose they came running into the house. We framed and wrapped the picture below as a gift to them.



Here's the video of them opening it...



I love Reed's gasp and how you can see Fiona processing it all but not able to get the words out.

I also have to add that Reed is once again happy about the news.  He's our thinker and he's right to be concerned about our world changing.  We have a pretty good gig going on with just the four of us.
Still I know baby number 3 is going to add more love and fun to the mix and I can't wait until he/she gets here.

So, the official due date is January 12th 2014.  I don't expect an arrival even a day before that because my babies seem to make themselves at home in my womb and take little heed to the eviction notices sent their way.
 

We don't have a stronger desire for one gender over another.  We've experienced one of each, and found they are both fantastic.  Who can choose?  Okay, Reed wants a boy, Fiona a girl.  So I'm only speaking for Ryan and I. 

Also, regardless if our littlest monkey is born in Australia or America it will be an American citizen.  I've been told if it makes it to the Olympics Australia will claim it... because that's the way Aussie's roll.

So my friends that's our Teeny-Tiny News, which is really really big news!

Our next ultrasound is on the 4th of July and the kids get to come to this one. 
We can't wait for another glimpse.

xoxo- Trudy












Comments