Irish Dancer

Fiona has been doing ballet since she was 3.
 I'm not really much of a "Dance Mum", it's not my thing.
But Miss Fiona is so passionate about it.
She continued with ballet lessons until the end of last year.
 It was then that she outgrew her  ballet shoes.
 I took the opportunity to broach the topic of her trying a different type of dance.
 She was keen to try Irish Dancing. 
 What a great choice! 
It fits her spunky personality perfectly.
  She's totally rocking it and loving it. 
 She makes me so proud. 
 She's always practicing and such an eager, well behaved learner.



A few weeks ago they had an informal show for parents to watch. 
{the BIG one is right before Christmas}

photographer Reed took this photo.  He's awesome!


After the show we took a few photo's outside.


Above is a typical Fiona posed shot.  
Eyes closed, goofy little grin.
I imagine she thinks she looks pretty elegant.



Just as we remind Fiona that she gets her whistling skills from her great-grandmother Jordan; 
we explain her love of Irish music is from her great-grammy O'Dea.  
I tell her how my grammy would have LOVED to see her Irish Dancing.  
 As I watch Fiona's foot tap away to Celtic tunes I can imagine Grammy's tapping away just the same.
It makes me smile.  





*as a little side note... at a recent parent teacher conference Fiona's teacher told us all the wonderful things about Fiona we expected to hear.  She really couldn't come up with any problem areas. The only issue that does come up once in awhile is in the middle of a maths lesson (yes, they call it maths here) or some other inappropriate time Fiona will raise her hand and ask if she can sing a song or do a dance for the class.  HA!  That's SO Fiona.  We love her for it and her dear teacher does too.  If that's the worst she's got going on, I'll take it.  

** While I'm on the subject of Fiona I should mention today was Sports Day at school.  Fiona was one of the few children to be awarded a gift certificate.  It was a sportsmanship award.  I love the fact the awards only went to one child in each grade that were good sports. 

Comments