Dusit Zoo {Day 3}



{from the kids journal} another inexpensive day out- kids $1.66, adults $3.33 AUD










I found the platform setup, giving us an up close look at the giraffes, so clever.


Can you tell how excited I was?
There's something about giraffes that draw me to them.
They're so grand and unique with that beautiful pattern on their coat. 


Our family always gets sucked into watching the monkeys.
I think it's because they're so relatable.
Whatever the reason, we spent a ridiculous amount of time watching and laughing at them.



measuring him up



It's wild how HOT it was...

{Reed taking a break from the heat under a bridge}



This little guy wasn't an exhibit yet he made the zoo his home.
Although I haven't looked up what it is yet, to me, it looks like a native species of squirrel.
I remember Reed running up to us, insisting we be quiet and follow him.
He led us to this cutie...
It's been years since any of us have seen a squirrel, we were probably a little too excited about it. :)

identifying fish- Have I mentioned he's exactly like his dad?
{random belly picture. have I mentioned I love my bump?}

{great flavors of ice-cream for only 60 cents}



{one of those rare moments Reed asks to have his picture taken}
We came around the corner to find a zoo keeper handing out food to feed the hippopotamus.








Reed was especially excited about the air-raid shelter.
How the world has, thankfully, changed.

^During this trip I realized Fiona is forever asking to get her picture taken with statues. 
I'm thinking we may have to make a "Statue Photo Album" for her to counter Reed's "Sign Photo Album"





i love this picture

Dusit Palace

^^That deer up there looks to me like a cross between a deer and a cow.  Am I alone on that one?

Monitor Lizards were everywhere.



These playful otters remind me of our days in Maryland.  
We would always visit the local marine museum which housed a pair. 
 My kids have lost this memory.  How unfortunate.



We had so much fun feeding the goats. 
 (Reed wanted nothing to do with it, he was ready to go.)




i love how that guy is licking his lips

To finish our day we rented some paddle boats.





We rode a tuk-tuk home.
{It's a must in Bangkok}


Here are a few video clips from our time at the zoo.
The song is from an English kids show, 64 Zoo Lane.
I don't know if it airs in the US but when our kids get the opportunity they always enjoy it.
 Also worth mentioning is, those are fish going crazy in the water.
 You can buy loaves of bread and throw it in. 


Comments