Traveling To Koh Chang {Day4}


 We traveled via so many different modes of transportation during this trip... plane, skytrain (BTS), bus, taxi, back of pickup trucks, 1st class train, 3rd class train, ferry, speedboat, elephant, and tuk-tuk. Oh and I almost forgot rickshaw.

The fourth day was a traveling day.  We took the BTS to a bus terminal, hopped on a government bus for 6 hours to Trat. From there we went on a ferry to the Island on Koh Chang. We then piled into the back of a pickup truck to our hut in the jungle.

Our stay on Koh Chang was pretty short.  We planned an elephant trek and a cooking class for Ryan there.  The beaches are nice but I wasn't comfortable letting the kids play in the ocean.  There have been too many deaths due to the strong currents.

Here are some random pictures of Koh Chang...






coconut soccer













making his beach cubby

 ^^ That picture up there cracks me up.  A random cow type animal freely roaming the beach.
You never know what you'll see in Thailand,

 I'm not sure how I've posted so many of these pictures, but they're here so they'll stay...
Me and my girl relaxing in the hammock outside our hut.




picture by Ryan, i love it. 
 One night Ryan and I sat on the porch and watched all these geckos hunt by the light.  
Sometimes it's the little things that offer so much entertainment.


 There were sooo many butterflies on the island.
Fiona was determined to catch one and make it her pet.
She was fiercely mad when I explained she couldn't, fiercely!





 I'm not sure what's the highlight of this picture.
Is it the wild monkeys just hanging out on the power lines,
 or the fact that anyone has power on this island?
What a rats nest of wires! 
 It's not just here though, even in Bangkok and further north we saw this.




 We stayed on Lonely Beach, here's it's main strip.

In Thailand streets are called "Soi" 


the soi leading to our jungle hut









 The hills were wildly steep on the island and of course there were hairpin turns every where.
That coupled with how Thai's drive had me wishing I brought my rosary.




Comments