{A Happy Mess}

Our little Clayton is eating solids now.
First, rice cereal, then avocado and last night I pureed some peas for him.
Just like his older siblings he LOVES to eat and make a mess...





he started using a sippy cup too
 Matching his fun with food is good times in the tub...


He could splash around forever.


Couldn't you just take a bite?

I don't remember these early stages passing as quickly with the Reed & Fiona.
I think I was more anxious to see their personalities unfold.
 I did my best to consciously savor every moment but I was just too darn excited to see what came next.
With Clay I rarely find myself looking to the future, I hover in the here and now.
I don't waste time mourning the baby he was yesterday and I'm certain the days ahead will be brilliant.
Even so the past five months have flown by.
I feel as if I just had him a few weeks ago.
(Honestly I'm still in a state shock that we were able to get pregnant again.)
Yet, he rolls any and everywhere and sits up like a king.
He is happiest when his older siblings are close.
He thrives in new places with new people and things to observe.
A baby who wins strangers over with his beautiful smile.

He's happy, we're all happy, even though most of the time were a mess.


Comments

Daddy said…
What a great set of pics! It's obvious he likes the peas much more than that lousy rice mush. :) He's got good taste...and his mom's beautiful eyes
love you little buddy
Daddy