{Looking Back}

As the 3 year anniversary our of adventure in Australia approaches I find myself thinking more about all we've done and how much the kids have grown since our departure from Canada.
 Reed was five & Fiona four. The age where we let them loose to navigate the world on their own for portions of the day.  I often kid that we're raising Australians.   The reality is Fiona has spent more than half her life living outside the U.S. She doesn't remember ever living there.

 A few of weeks ago, at the end of the day, I remembered it was the 4th of July and mentioned it to the kids. They asked me, "What's the Fourth of July?"  I told my American children, it's a lot like Australia Day but in America.- It was a sobering conversation.

Today as I looked through some old pictures from our final days in Quebec I found a video I made of our last time fishing on the Becancour River in front of our house. (Boy do we miss that place)


Here's that video I made back in July 2011...
.


Reed & Fiona sure have changed since that video was taken- thankfully Ryan has not.
He's still is an extremely  present dad, these kids have no idea how lucky they are to have him.
One day they will.


A few more pictures from our last days in North America..








on my beloved green couch


Comments

Ryan said…
It's amazing how much the two kids have changed since our time in Canada. As much as I love our life in Australia, I can't help feeling a bit nostalgic for our little cabin in Becancour. Plus, you forgot to mention what a wonderful mum those two little monkeys had back then, too! All the love, sweetheart, and thanks for the trip down memory lane - it just made my afternoon much brighter
love
ryan