{Birthday Hike}

I had the best birthday!
The night prior to the big day I slept in Reed's bed which meant I didn't get up once with Clay. (as it turns out Reed was sick that night so I got up with him a couple of times) This was one of the best gifts Ryan has ever thought of.  My birthday morning I slept in while Ry got the kids off to school.  Even better he took the day off from work to pamper me.  It was the best birthday ever! The kids showered me with some beautiful gifts and we went for a hike upon my request.

We went to Pound Bend...


Pound Bend Tunnel has an interesting history from Victoria's gold rush days HERE  is some information about it.






















 Seeing a platypus in the wild is a big deal even to especially to Australians.
So you can imagine our excitement when we had a sighting...





The kids got tired on the return hike...
note my sweet new necklace from Fiona








The years sure are going by in a flash but when I look back on my life I am happy and content.  
I feel as a family we are living every moment we can.
 Finding joys in the little things, appreciating the big.
How else can I properly measure my 37 years but in happiness?

Comments